Friday, September 8, 2017

Five Minute Friday: WORK


Work hard

Work for a living

Work at it ... it will come

Writing takes work

Go to work. Be on time. Smile. Do your best. Give more than you get.

She works hard for the money.

I have to go to work. I wish I didn't. But there it is. I have to make a living.

School is hard work. I wish I didn't have to study so hard.

I love school. It's not work at all ... well, except for history. I just don't get what the professor is saying. At. All.

What kind of work do you do?

Well, I've had lots of jobs. Here we go ... ready?

I worked in day care - two days.

I worked at Yates, the Store for All Outdoors, Phoenix. One summer. I couldn't go back because my brother got that job first ... he was out May 15, and I didn't get home until May 23.

I almost didn't go back to college because Ramada Hometels, Phoenix, were willing to hire me. I chose school and finishing my degree.

The cafeteria at college, Minnesota, where I broke a whole container of unbreakable dishes. The noise was deafening.

Taught band at Luther High in Onalaska, Wisconsin. I was the shortest one.

Taught 3rd and 4th grade at St. Paul's Lutheran, Columbus, Ohio.

Cashier and bow maker at Frank's Nursery and Crafts, Columbus.

Went back and taught band at St. Paul's after I got married and had kids.

Gave private lessons, piano, flute, saxophone, guitar, clarinet, at home, Morrow County.

Taught at Sylvan Learning Center, Mansfield.

Reporter for the Galion Inquirer.

Copy editor for the Crestline Advocate.

Barista for the Off Center Cafe'.

Reporter for the Galion Inquirer.

Reporter for the Morrow County Sentinel.

Photographer for Portrait Innovations, Ontario.

Reporter for the Morrow County Sentinel.

Editor of the Galion Inquirer.

Freelance for Richland Source, Mansfield.

Swore off reporting and decided to write the Great American Novel.



This has been your Five Minute Friday. Have a great weekend people! Blessings!